6 October 2014

The Reading Pile #8


So some of you may have noticed that I have been not accepting review requests recently. This is because I have been focusing on the books I already have to review. I am happy to say that I have only just finished that pile and will now be focusing on getting through the monstrous pile of books that I currently have sitting on my bookshelves (and in my kindle) that I have actually bought!

Things are looking up for me in general life. The other half has just rented out his flat and has managed to get himself a new job so we can start saving properly for our own place! I've already begun thinking about how we're going to have our library.

Anyway.. on to the books!

Bought:
Shift -Em Bailey
I may have gone to a boot sale and found this along with the next few beauties. This book sounds awesome. It's about a girl who has gone a bit mad, and she watches as a new girl comes in and slowly begins to imitate her best friend. Then her best friend dies. Apparently there a romance involved in this YA thriller too!

How I Live Now - Meg Rosoff
You may have seen the film, and if so hold all comments because I haven't! I just saw the trailer and though how awesome it would be in book form, so when I saw this, I needed to buy it.

The Little Old Lady Who Broke All The Rules- Catharina Ingelman-Sundberg
In the same vein as a few similarly titled recent books, only this one caught my eye because A; The League of Pensioners really tickled me, and B: The little old lady is totally awesome wanting to protest about her quality of life. However funny it may sound, this book will probably make me think a lot.

Rules of Civility - Amer Towles
A piece of historical fiction about two ambitious and funny girls in the 30s, who plan on taking New York by storm. It sounds cool and I've never read anything set in that period before!

Ten Tiny Breaths - K.A. Tucker
This was a Kindle Daily Deal, as were the next two, so I snapped them up!

Angelbound - Christina Bauer
This one had been flying around on my radar and I kind of had to have it when it was on offer.

The Testing - Joelle Charbonneau
I couldn't believe it when I spied this one cheap (cheap being for less than a pound) so again, I had to have it.

Won:
Wallbanger - Alive Clayton (Signed)
This book was a mystery to me but when I opened the packaging I was not disappointed. it sounds funny and a lot lighter than most of my reading. Ohh, and did I mention it's signed?

Recieved:
Desperate Reflections - Shay West
The last in the series that started with Dangerous Reflections.

Thankyou's this month go to:
Booktrope: Pamela Labbe and Shay West
Have Book Will Read Book Blog and Alice Clayton


Kyrax

No comments:

Post a Comment