18 June 2014

Wednesday Wishlist #10




Today's wishlist is all about compilations. I'm not a huge reader of short stories, so it takes me a while to get through books with lots in, but these few are books that I'm more than willing to read;

A Cat, a Hat, and a Piece of String - Joanne Harris
Another book to add to my ever-growing Joanne Harris collection. I have half a shelf of her works now, and I think I'm only missing this and Runelight in terms of fiction. I still have yet to read all of Jigs and Reels, but from what I've read so far, it's pretty good stuff!

A Cat, a Hat, and a Piece of String on Goodreads


Shards and Ashes - Melissa Marr, Kelley Armstrong et al
A series of dystopian stories, told by the likes of Veronica Roth, Margaret Stohl and Kami Garcia. This is something I am dying to have a read of due to the amazing ideas that people can come up with for dystopias. Also, the cover is brilliant.

Shards and Ashes on Goodreads


The Bloody Chamber and Other Stories - Angela Carter
I had this one recommended to me after I told a friend about my love for all things fairytale. Apparently these are fairytale retellings with dark, sinister twists. It sounds exactly like my sort of thing! It has some amazing comments of Goodreads, so I'm really looking forward to reading it.

The Bloody Chamber and Other Stories on Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment